How long do gastations keep footage.?

I need footage from 11 years ago my dad was threatened with death he died a couple months ago after that threat and back then cops weren't so good at investigations.

Anywhere from a few days to forever. If they have a newer digital system, it costs more to FIND outdated footage than to keep it forever.

That said, after 11 years, you will have to convince a judge to issue a court order before they will even think about checking to see if the footage exists.

Police WERE good investigators at the time. There simply was NOTHING to investigate.

• In

They usually just keep video tape for 24 hours unless something happened, otherwise they record over the previous day.

• Mystic

It has been 11 years. I don't think you have much of a chance. Also, he was threatened. There is no word of any action being taken against him. Did the one(s) threatening him hurt him? Is his death 2 months ago related to the event that took place 11 years ago? If his death is not related to what happened, there's nothing you can do. People die every day. I'm REALLY sorry you lost your dad because that's horrible, but why bring up past events now? If they didn't do anything to him (other than verbally threaten him), then they have nothing to do with him dying 11 years later.

You should have asked for the gas station's assistance as soon as it happened (or your dad should have) and also filed a police report. The sooner you report things like that the better. No use in letting it just sit. If it's important, you need to report it. Threatening someone is 110% illegal, so yes, the individual(s) would have gotten in trouble for what they did. If the cops didn't do anything, you should have pushed it further.

Good luck with your grieving process. Losing a loved one is NEVER easy, trust me. Even though it's been 2 months, I'm sure it's still hard. Never be afraid to reach out and seek assistance from someone if you feel you need it.

Sorry for your loss but 11 years?=no chance There would have to be a warehouse beside the gas station filled with video tapes for that to happen.

I think about 2 weeks. Certainly not 11 years.

Call them. It's not likely but who knows? Maybe 11 years ago they were still using video tapes instead of hard drives. Maybe they still are? No way to know. Seems like 30 days is pretty standard these days.

• .

About a month, if that long

Basically 0% chance they still have it. But if it's for something so huge to you, go ask. There's no harm in asking. But they're not going to have it. You're asking in hope of an extreeeeeeeeme longshot.

A week to a month.

i would ask the gas station about it, they rnight know

• In

Why do you bother answering questions when you don't have a clue?