Will I need a photo ID or proof of age to travel Greyhound?

In a few days I m traveling with my sister, who s 20, on greyhound. By their rules, I technically count as a child since I m 16. I don t think I have photo ID and my mom seems to have lost my birth certificate. On their website it claims that anyone picking up a ticket will need to use a photo ID, which my sister has, but I don t. Is that enough since she s an adult with ID? Or will I need to prove I m 16 and am the person the ticket belongs to?

Use your passport!

• MS

You don't need a photo ID to be a passenger on Greyhound. You only need an ID if you are picking up the tickets, as you noted. Since you are a minor, an adult traveling with you can pick up the tickets for both of you. Since you are not traveling alone, you will not need to show proof of age.

• Rick B

You don't have a school id? You should get a state issued photo id. If you don't need it for this trip, you will need it for other things. Your mom needs to send off for a copy of your birth certificate as soon as possible because you will need that to get an ID.

I think she should be able to buy your ticket for you but to make sure she or you should call greyhound and ask them.