Does using a low pass on a mid range woofer change the amount of power it can handle?

My question is simple. I want to buy an 80 watt rms woofer (because it’s cheaper) and set it up as the sub on my 2.1 system. If I low passed it will it still handle 80 watts rns or will it handle let’s say half of that for example. I have never used a woofer as a sub before and I have searched the web for so long... show more My question is simple. I want to buy an 80 watt rms woofer (because it’s cheaper) and set it up as the sub on my 2.1 system. If I low passed it will it still handle 80 watts rns or will it handle let’s say half of that for example. I have never used a woofer as a sub before and I have searched the web for so long and I can’t find a damn answer to my question. So does a low pass change the rms rating of a mid range woofer and does having a deeper low pass lower the rms even further? The thing is getting a 10” sub is gonna be way more expansive than the 10” woofer I found for 15 bucks that actually looks like a decadent bank for the buck. So all I want to know is what amp should I use with it and for that I need to know if low passing a woofer lower rms rating and by how much and does lower low passes reduce rms even further. If it’s important the speaker is 8 ohms and an svc.