lucy asked in SportsRunning · 5 months ago

Ive just ran my first 10k EVER took 72 mins.I am fourteen (girl)and I started running (treadmill)11 days ago couldn’t even do 1k. Opinions ?

Running a 10 K in 72 minutes is a good time

Congratulations. You show some potential as a runner. But, I agree with the answer from . . The increase in distance in that amount of time is too much. You're increasing the risk of injury.

• .

Going from can't run a 1K ( 0.62 miles) to running a 10K (6.2 miles) in 11 days is risking injury. There's a difference in "can't run" (tried, but was unable to) and "have never run" (never really tried).

Couch to 5K (3.1 miles) training programs are usually about 8 wks long, to gradually build up distance while reducing risk of injury. Be careful you don't ask your body to do more than it can safely do.

• lucy5 months agoReport

8 weeks is just to much I’m going to try and run 21k (half marathon) in less than a werk

Great job Lucy. You should consider trying out for the cross country team at school.

Well done and keep it up