Val asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 months ago

The likelihood of me being pregnant?

Let me start by saying i know how unprotected sex works and im not stupid, I just let things get away from me as far as taking my birth control. I has stopped taking my pills months ago, because I was not having sex. Flash forward to end of June I had been in a relationship for months and we had sex. He came inside me, I panicked and immediately after have taken my birth control pill. Just that one day. I guess what I’m saying is, am I in denial or should I be preparing my self?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

condoms are a good back up

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I guess you never bothered to read the leaflet that came with your pills or even bother to understand how they work.

They are not like plan B. You need to be taking them for seven days BEFORE having sex for them to work AND you need to continue taking them daily until you aren't going to be sexually active for a long term again. One single pill does not have enough hormones to prevent pregnancy.

Now, that does not mean you are pregnant. It just means that you did have completely unprotected sex and then did nothing that would actually prevent a possible pregnancy. Even when all conditions are perfect, pregnancy only happens about 25% of the time.

If you don't get your next period, then you need to take a pregnancy test to know for sure.

• 4 months ago

Take a test! I didn’t think I could get pregnant and I did even though I had a period

• helene
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

One birth control pill will not work as emergency contraception.

Take a test if your period is late.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

You're not stupid but you think taking one pill helps how?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.