Would you invest in something damaging to the environment or peoples health just for monetary gain?

• Edward

In a heart beat. Why forgo great investments.

I dumped Nike for siding with a police hating anti-American.

Kids today have these 'thought exercises' they pass around--like "Would you kill your girlfriend with a rusty bottle opener if it meant ten strangers would live?"

A more realistic one today is "Would you make a billion dollars if you knew it would cause the world to become unlivable ten years after you died?"

The values system of American-Style Capitalism would dictate a yes answer to that question. Profit and wealth are not just the most important thing, they're the ONLY thing. If you make a billion, you're a hero! It doesn't matter how you made it. We elected a guy president based soley on his long career of cheating, lying, corruption and building debt! We figure if he's rich he must be a 'very stable genius' and must know what's best for all of us!

Now the entire world is faced with an existential threat. And among the major nations, the US is the ONLY country that refuses to take action. If you're under 20 today you'll see some of the worst effects of this danger in your lifetime. Yet taking steps to solve it means that the biggest, richest corporations in the US must lose out on billions in profits--so it's a no-brainer!

_I_ wouldn't invest in something that killed people. But if I had a chance to become a billionaire--or, better yet, if I was ALREADY a billionaire and had a chance to pile another billion on top of it--I might!

The moment I step orf the bus I'm doing it, the moment I get into my car I'm doing it, the moment my C/H boiler starts up I'm doing it, the moment I pass wind I'm doing it. The list is endless isn't it Stan? IT SURE IS. ;-(

PS.

For you this probably doesn't answer your question T wizard but, I'm ok with it. ;-)

Yes. Most people do.

None of us live without impacting the environment or people's health.

Anyone who has a 401k or who has a business has invested in something damaging to the environment or health.

I am assuming that this might be a US or EU company? There are enough regulations in those places to prevent that knowingly.

No probably not

• nt

Depends on the amount of the monetary gain and the penalty, if any, of getting caught.

If you have any ways I can make a lot of money, Im certainly open to damaging the environment.

(I think democrats are over the top about the issue)