Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Are most atheists atheists not because they don't believe in a God, but because they hate religion and everything about it?

they are proud evil ignorant.......

I’m an atheist because I don’t find claims religion makes to be truthful. It’s a disbelief, not a hatred. And even if I did believe, I wouldn’t have anything to do with organized religions. Aside from not believing in a god, I have eyes... everyone knows organized religion is all about collecting money. If you don’t think so, explain Joel Olsteen and the thousands of others just like him.

• Patrick

Atheist: "I find it impossible in my mind for it to exist, therefore, it cannot exist. I know what I think is always true".

• Paul

They believe that a certain person doesn't exist, because they have not personally met that person, even though hundreds of millions of intelligent people have met Him. Not too big on logic.

• 5 months agoReport

I can’t believe something so ridiculous came out of someone’s mind lol

Wrong. Atheism ONLY addresses ONE point: The god claim. That's it. Atheism is the rejection of the god claim. ANY god claim. It is rejected based on a complete lack of proof and evidence. Period. There is nothing more to this at all. It is simply the rejection of a claim. I fail to see why this simple idea is just so hard to understand. Believers often attach all kinds of other claims to it that are completely false and totally without merit. They do this because their minds have been steeped in ridiculous propaganda. The same unsupported claims that they keep repeating over and over again. If you tell a lie long enough, then you will soon believe it to be true without regard to the fact if it is actually true or not. Throughout human history not one single person has ever provided proof and evidence of ANY god. EVER. That is simply a fact. It is dishonest to assert as fact that which is not evidently true. Religion is defended without reason and against all reason. If you had a good reason to believe then you would never need to make an appeal to faith. Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.

I have admitted that I surely don't believe the bible stories nor any religion stories. However, I am an atheist as I do not accept belief that a god exists.

• ღAmayAღ (Pond)

If I've ever contradicted myself..? That's been entirely accidental. And probably I just worded myself somewhat badly, or confusingly.

Speaking as an "atheist atheist," I hate God because I don't believe in the existence of any god. I also absolutely despise krakens and unicorns for the same reason. This is a subtle point, so you have to think it through carefully.

• Bulldog redux

"Not needing much thinking to get the point." My point exactly.

I doubt it. I, for one, do not. I only hate people that are needlessy harmful, and inconsiderate of others.

they just dont belive. religeons tend to be peaceful and preach love the only reason to truly hate one are the people who claim to be of a religion and commit acts of terrorism.

I know christians already believe we hate gods and religion so I'm wasting my breath, but I'm stuck inside with nothing to do so I might as well.

I am an atheist because I thoroughly examined the Bible and found it could not possibly be from a God. I always had doubts because the whole story seemed too preposterous, but I squashed my thoughts and lived as if it was true anyway, "knowing" that if I persevered that god would give me faith and reveal himself to me.

He still hasn't.

That's it. I hate nothing. If I did, I wouldn't go to church and other gospel events with my family to make them happy.

• Gone Galt5 months agoReport

Well, I disagree with Bearly, but he/she sounds genuine. Bearly, I pray that God gives you faith. I have been where you are. I understand how frustrating it can be.

Most atheists that I know or have talked with simply do not believe in any gods. By the way you only capitalize the word "god" when you are using it as a name.

• r.wolfpaw

And why do you always ask atheists questions if you block most of us?