Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 5 months ago

I just ate mold, will I be fine?

I was eating some of my leftover cake, from my birthday. It has custard in it, and it had some green spots. I thought it was just from the green followers on the cake, but I ate like a bite or 2 and it tasted so bad, I had to spit it out. My mom said it was mold. Now I feel sick, will I be fine?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

    Yes I promise you that you will be fine. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve made a sandwich and on my last bite I notice a layer of mold on my bread AND cheese. You might feel sick if you think about how you just ate mood but other than that there are really no side effects, so you will be fine.

  • 5 months ago

    Don’t worry it will probably go away, if it was only a small amount you will be fine.

  • 5 months ago

    Probably not. Know that rind or fine French cheese like Brie? That's mold.

  • 5 months ago

    Unless you have a severely compromised immune system you will be fine.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

    you feel sick because you have a very vivid imagination. You are fine

  • 5 months ago

    Molds can be very toxic, but the toxicity is dose related. Custard has eggs in it, and if the custard was moldy, probably the eggs were bad. That's enough to make you sick.

    Monitor yourself for nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fever. If none of these appear in 24 hours, your worries are over.

    I'm a retired nurse.

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    Don't listen to the death answers. Shame on them for giving you ridiculous answers. You should be fine. You ate very little. Besides people do live from food poisoning.

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    Whatever. You either ate it or you spit it out. You didn’t do both.

    • 5 months agoReport

      It’s called eating the first bite, and then spit out the second..

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    Nope, you will be dead by sunset. Better say your goodbyes while you can.

  • 5 months ago

    No, you are going to die a slow, painful death.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.