cyclists should pay road tax, and have insurance.yes or no. its a yes for me.?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Best answer

Yes. They get ruder and more road hogging every day. If I have to drive ten miles an hour for 10 miles because they are riding in the road and there is no room to pass, they should have to pay their share.

• 4 months agoReport

Awww you poor baby 😢😢😢😢

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No. I’m 19, I can’t fücking afford that when I’m trying to save up and a lot of others can’t either you stupid ignorant cünts

• 4 months ago

Cars with low emissions pay zero tax. So how are you going to work that cyclists, with even lower emissions, should pay more than cars?

Insurance - that makes sense

• Amy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yes, but it would be much less than an automobile driver pays.

Road tax pays for maintenance of the roads. Insurance covers damage done by the vehicle to other people or property. Bicycles put a lot less wear on the roads and cause a lot less damage in collisions compared to a car.

(There's also an argument for temporarily exempting bicycles from the tax in order to incentivise cycling.)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

And a Yes for me in the UK.

Lv 7
    4 months ago

They already are supposed to have health insurance. Requiring liability insurance would prevent children from enjoying riding their bikes.

And why would anyone want or need full coverage on a bike that costs less than 1000 dollars? Most bikes are cheaper than automobiles to repair or replace.

• abdul
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yes they should.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yes, however how is it going to be enforced and policed

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.