Can I protest against my school s rules?

We have to wear very specific uniforms and a lot of people cannot afford to buy it. So during winter when it s 0°C outside, you re not allowed to wear any scarf or gloves if it doesn t have the school s name or colors on it. Girls are forced to wear dresses and boys aren t allowed to have their hair touch the collars of their shirts etc. There are so many rules as to the way you should look, it s ridiculous. You re not even allowed to wear lip gloss or have your hair down or you risk getting detention. Can I have the school learners sign petitions to voice their opinions or is it a lost cause?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Get the petition together but leave off the silly stuff like hair and lip gloss. Your only legitimate complaint is that these uniforms are too costly and that kids are being forced to go out in the cold without adequate protection. Then get this signed petition to the board of your school. It would help to enlist some parents in this project.

• 5 months ago

You can sign a petition.. But ultimately, your parents CHOSE to enroll you in this school, knowing there is a uniform policy.

If affording the uniform is an issue, they can open enroll you elsewhere or do homeschooling.. There are other options.

• 5 months ago

This sounds as if you're attending a private school. Private schools have much more autonomy than public schools and can make up whatever dress code they want. The idea being that the parents consent to such rules by choosing (and paying) to send their children (e.g. you) there.

If you want your protest to be effective, you would need to involve your parents in it, because they're the only ones the school is really going to listen to. If you can't convince your parents to come on board, you're not going to have any luck convincing your school to change.

• 5 months ago

I'm guessing, because you haven't shared, it's a private school. Which means your folks signed an agreement which probably specified the uniforms you are to wear. You are stuck with it. You can complain all you want, but it won't likely work and it will get you a bad reputation with the teachers.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

ALL schools should have such rules it takes the BS out of girls in particular about one upping their class mates who can not afford Gucci belts. You are there to learn not be a participant in a fashion show each day.

• 5 months ago

Not successfully, no.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes, you CAN protest. Is that your question?

You also CAN be expelled.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's a lost cause. ........

• 5 months ago

You can ask your mom and dad to withdraw you from the private school and enroll you in a public school. If you try to protest the rules, you WILL NOT succeed.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You can protest and make petitions but it probably won't change anything

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.