Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 5 months ago

Would this situation bother you?

So if your husbands ex wife was still on the house deed, but the lawyer typed up another one quit claim with mine and my husbands name on it but haven’t had a chance for ex wife to sign because of her work, would it bother you? The ex wife does not mind signing at all, it’s just bad timing. Would this bother you? She signed one before, but the lawyer never filed it or it got lost somewhere along the way she didn’t let my husband know until a couple of months ago.

If my new marriage was more than a month old and the house deed was something that was promised to me, yeah I'd be starting to question my spouse.

No. And it didn't bother me when you posted last week, either.

I left my ex after 27 yrs best move I ever made. I should have done it years ago.

Yes. If something happens to him, she gets the house. I'm unclear why you believe that she'd be happy to sign. She might very well still own half the house or he maybe forced to buy her out based on the divorce decree. Sounds fishy. Everyone is busy with work. Everyone can still make time to sign a document and stick it in an overnight envelope if she lives too far for your husband to drive over with the paperwork and get her to sign. If it requires witnesses or a notary, bring them with you or have her meet you at a UPS store that has notaries. Have another couple meet you there if you need witnesses. Get 2 copies notarized so that if your inept attorney loses it again you have another one.

Whatever the last court filing dated one was is the one that will stand in court weather she signs off or no.

You have posted this five times.

Would it bother me that my husband didn't care enough about me to protect him in the event of his untimely death?

Yes.

AGAIN in MY State the ex would quit claim to your husband and then a new Deed would be filed in your joint names.

As I've said before, are you sure your husband want's your name on the Deed? He doesn't seem the least bit concerned. In the meantime, you are obsessing over the issue.