What s the max amt an individual can chrg for fee s in IN for wage garnishment? Won small claim- haven t paid, cost is ~100 to file pprwrk.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

The fees they would actually have to pay.

• 5 months ago

$0.00. Individuals CAN'T charge for a garnishment. If ANYONE can. it is the employer paying the garnished wages.

As Steve D stated, you can ask the court to include the cost of enforcement in the garnishment order.

• 5 months ago

You can't charge anything. You can, however, ask the court to include your expenses in the garnishment and if the judge sides with you, you get the $100 back at that time.

• nt
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I have never heard of an individual doing a wage garnishment. I thought it took legal expertise that made an attorney needed.

Anyway, in most states. wage garnishment is 25% of pretax pay. Before tax and any deductions.

No wage garnishment in Texas and maybe 1-2 other states.

If you can do it for $100, then why not? Unless maybe its a part time crap job in which case they will quit and go somewhere else and you would have to continue finding out where they are working.

I had a part time guy whose pay was garnished. I did not know anything about it except it was out of my hands and that it requires a judgement and a court order. A judgement is easy. I thought a wage garnishment was more difficult.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

you can usually collect ALL your expenses too ............................................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.