What s the max amt an individual can chrg for fee s in IN for wage garnishment? Won small claim- haven t paid, cost is ~100 to file pprwrk.?

The fees they would actually have to pay.

$0.00. Individuals CAN'T charge for a garnishment. If ANYONE can. it is the employer paying the garnished wages.

As Steve D stated, you can ask the court to include the cost of enforcement in the garnishment order.

You can't charge anything. You can, however, ask the court to include your expenses in the garnishment and if the judge sides with you, you get the $100 back at that time.

• nt

I have never heard of an individual doing a wage garnishment. I thought it took legal expertise that made an attorney needed.

Anyway, in most states. wage garnishment is 25% of pretax pay. Before tax and any deductions.

No wage garnishment in Texas and maybe 1-2 other states.

If you can do it for $100, then why not? Unless maybe its a part time crap job in which case they will quit and go somewhere else and you would have to continue finding out where they are working.

I had a part time guy whose pay was garnished. I did not know anything about it except it was out of my hands and that it requires a judgement and a court order. A judgement is easy. I thought a wage garnishment was more difficult.

you can usually collect ALL your expenses too ............................................