Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 5 months ago

Can you refuse to be in handcuffs if your hand is fractured?

They'll make allowances if you have a genuine injury but you will probably end up cuffed in some way.

• Cee

Nope, I'm afraid not.

If your hand/wrist is in plaster quite simple you just have the other hand cuffed to a solid and unmoveable object.

In some cases an upper arm restraint can be used or ankle cuffs.

Ether way you are cuffed whether you like it or not!

• Cap'n. America

Many times, a broken joint is not in a cast. Doesnt matter, cop must take your word for it. He is Not an MD.

• Neil

Yes, you can refuse. Won’t make a damn bit of difference, but you’re free to refuse.

Not successfully.

In any case, unless it was your WRIST that was fractured, it wouldn't make a difference.

• Cap'n. America

You are NOT a doctor. Could be the Drs orders say NO motion of upper arm. May not be in a sling or cast. Mine wasnt. Cops arent MDs either, they must take your word for it. Broken backs dont show and often no brace or brace is under clothes,

Nope, I've been in cuffs and never bothered to mention a formerly broken wrist. It would have done me no good. Obeying the officer got me a lot further and released sooner.

• Cap'n. America

My wrist was never in a cast. It Doesnt Matter. Officer must take your word for it. It isnt like you are running, you just ask Offer that your upper arm be restrained.

good luck with that

You can refuse, but it will fall on deaf ears. If actually broken, they have other ways of restraint, you WILL be restrained,

COs left tight cuffs on 1/2 hour, my hands were turning blue! Lock was broken, they had to find bolt cutters and cut 'em off. Idiot cut the Hinge side, First. Everyone know you cut the Lock side/. Almost cut my wrists, too. And, i was just Leaving hospital, weak as a kitten. I had ankle 'cuffed to the bed while in bed and Unconscious!

Source(s): Been There not just making up stuff or assuming only "criminals " ever get cuffed. Cops reserve right to restrain Anyone, anytime. Most are immediately released when area secured.
    • STEVEN F

Your first 2 sentences are true. The rest is BS, and you actually expect people to know it.

Sure just tell the police you refuse to be handcuffed and they will say "oh ok"

Bro, they handcuff people they shot full of holes and you think your hand little booboo is going to stop them

Depends on how hoorny daddy is. Maybe he wants you to feel pain?

Nope. You can never refuse to be cuffed.

• Cap'n. America

Can refuse But to no avail. They will force them or some other restraint on, anyway. Unless unconscious.