Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 6 months ago

I wanna write a song, help with the lyrics?

Thanks for the tips, fellow brothas who read my previous question.

But I think you misunderstood something: I wanna write songs like the legendary Bowie did. How do I do that?

Do I have to sexualize aliens or stuff like that?

• Me2
    Favorite Answer

"I wanna write songs like the legendary Bowie"  Bowie wasn't just very intelligent, but had diverse interests — he was a commercial artist, having studied art and design at the equivalent of university level — and was extremely well-read in too many areas of literature to list here (see https://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/oct/01/davi... ).  Strange for a singer/songwriter, he even studied mime...

I invariably tell songwriters wanting to hone their craft that reading and studying good literature will nearly always improve their writing.

Avoid needless words whenever possible, and make ever word count.

An ongoing problem with songwriters composing their own material with little real musical education is that they seldom shut up.  They feel that they must always be producing some kind of sound, even if it's nonsense noises.  The saddest consequence is that the musicians can only play a superficial backing track, and can't contribute anything substantive to the song — which is a detriment to any song.

You locate your own, `quirk` and build zatirically upon it!

Bowie waz zmart .

He built from the bottom `up` not the `top-down`.

Source(s): **Pleaze pardon the `z` ..It iz a p.c.glitch**

Just remember it can be simple and still be good.

For example, look at this line from "If Everyone Cared" by Nickelback:

If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride we'd see the day when nobody died.

The moment someone helps you it is no longer your song.

Peace.