Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

Why do all women once they start to get older, switch to that old woman perfume?

You know, white diamond, chanel number 5, its like an unwritten rule for them once they hit 40-50 to switch to old woman smelling perfumes, you rarely see older women wearing the fruity scented stuff young girls wear. My theory is older people have more body odor, and have to swear strong smelling perfumes to cover it up.

Favorite Answer

'All' women? Don't be absurd.

In my late 20s to mid 30s I wore Elizabeth Taylor's 'Passion' (sadly no longer available). Then I wore Yardley's lavender cologne, but now I'm 70, and for the last five years or so my favourite has been the Body Shop's 'Pink Grapefruit'.

I had Chanel N5 once when I was in my 20s and also once bought White Diamonds once in my 20s actually I think I just had the sample of it along with samples of other Elizabeth Taylor scents.. Now I wear Reveal by Calvin Klein and O de Lancome.

Check the situation on this in 40 years again.

People like what they're used to and scent plays a big role in memory and nostalgia. But the fragrance industry (along with razors and deodorant) is another business "Millennials are killing". So in the future old ladies will smell more like BO than like your gran.

• Jas B

I have worn Chanel no. 5 since my twenties, when I could first afford it and personally had no wish then or now to smell like a strawberry or orange etc.

.

.

• Jas B

It is a personal preference and a human smelling like a strawberry is not natural either.

Damn, I wish summer vacation was over.

Sounds like nonsense. I enjoy Coco Chanel myself have since I could afford it. That fruity smell is cheap it's better to eat some and give off the aroma. Honestly I don't know where you get your information but it is nonsense.

Older women smell less than younger women. I wear the very same perfume I wore in my 20's. Your theory is crazy. It seems you hate older people & keep posting stupidity. You will be lucky if you get older. Your theory STINKS.

You sound uneducated, lonely and very unhappy.

I agree with your theory sir, B.O, makes perfect sense, why else would they put so much on.

Oh and as i Understand it, either that or Mothballs.

Oh and thank you nigel for that comment, very uplifting.