Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 5 months ago

A Instructor make a racist comment to me in front of class. Spoke with Dean but they stopped communicating with me. What do i do?

Update:

An Instructor made a racist comment to me in front of class. Spoke with Dean but the stopped communicating with me. What do I do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Grow a thicker skin. Not every comment is a racist comment.

• Sharon
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

academic freedom probably protects your instructor unless the remark was directed at a class member. If not directed at you, you have little recourse other than to drop the class.

• v f5 months agoReport

It was directed towards me

• 5 months ago

You spoke with the Dean but "they" stopped communicating with you? Who is 'they'?

• v f5 months agoReport

I spoke with the Dean and another administrator that I was told would be working with the Dean.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Mention a lawsuit to the Dean. That should reopen a conversation smartly.

• v f5 months agoReport

I don't want to call anyone's bluff because then they will make haste and then postpone again. If I talk lawsuit then I want to be prepared just for that because now it seems they're playing a game

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Reinstigate the conversation with the Dean.

• v f5 months agoReport

I have done that already, to no avail.

• 5 months ago

Step 1: Contact Al Sharpton, ACLU, Don Lemon

Step 2: Contact the top lawyers in the country.

Step 3: When receiving your multi million dollar cash settlement, remember to send a million or two to me

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.