Do dreamers have a pathway to citizenship if they overstayed their visa rather than those who crossed the border?

Yes, if they become the immediate relative of a US citizen, which happens when they get married to one.

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Riviera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.

Not currently, hence the reason various permutations of the "DREAM Act" get debated periodically in Congress. But a DACA recipient has the same ability as any other illegally present person to secure the sponsorship of a US citizen spouse and obtain a ban waiver to go home to await processing, thereby being able to return to the US legally.

No. And they are not "dreamers" and not eligible for DACA, either.

no! they are illegal like the other ones

• RICK

Nope

They are still breaking the law

No one who has been in the USA even 1 day after their 18th birthday without the proper documentation should be forever banned from citizenship

The age they arrived means nothing

• Lisa A

No. Only green card holders have a path to citizenship.

• Maxi

No, they are still illegal and will always be until they return back to their own country

First, SCHEMERS do not have visas. Their scheming parents invaded the U S with children in tow. Schools could not ask for citizenship papers so the squatters remained; and now they want to be rewarded for their parents deliberately violating our laws. LIBERALS want to give all Hispanic INVADERS citizenship. America used to be a sovereign country. VIVA LOS ESTADOS UNITOS de HISPANIA NORTE !! [Screw the American taxpayer.]

Screw them.

Whenever people are raping our laws, but they serve a democrat's political perspective, the demonrats will do their best to downplay the law raping just as they have here by calling them "dreamers"

They're not dreamers, they're law violators. I'm so sick of the demonic left existing on the basis of overriding laws they don't agree with while expecting the rest of us to abide by them.

I myself am 100% Mexican. But that doesn't mean I get to now decide if someone else is breaking the law it's okay because they share the nation ethnicity as I do.

I WISH I were President. The first thing I would do is deport every single illegal immigrant in America. "BUT THEY HAVE JOBS AND PAY TAXES, YOU'RE EVIL!"......Who the f*ck cares if they have a job? Since WHEN did you get to break the law as long as you have supplemental rationalization?

Gee your honor, yes I robbed a bank but see I gave some of the money to charity and btw I needed the money so you can't send me to prison, I'm a dreamer.

AND NOW, these illegals and democrats want to b*tch and complain and accuse over our ICE detention facilities not being up to their standards? How about you NOT smuggle yourself into the country in the 1st place?

America is getting really sick of law raping liberals. The whole #WalkAway hashtag didn't exist prior to the 1st 2016 election, it exists now. Which means America hates the democrat party even more than it did when it elected Trump.

Source(s): Mexican Trump voter.
    • RICK

You're no more Mexican then I am

Maybe I guess if they play it right