Balancing Image Quality and and Burn-in Prevention on LG OLED TV?

I've had an expensive LG OLED TV for a month now and because of all the fuss I've observed about potential burn-in issues, I've simply turned the Oled light setting to zero and run the TV in eco mode (with most features turned off or on low) straight out the box. As well as running all built-in features to prevent burn-in on their max setting.

I do play around with it a bit and turn up the settings to improve image quality but that's only if I'm absolutely sure that there are no static images or screen ratio issues and for no longer than a few mins. I do play "high risk" games alot and watch mostly movies that have been altered to fit the screen and have the 'black bars' around the edges so I do feel it's necessary most times.

Despite this, I still find the image quality to be very, very impressive compared to my previous HD LED tv. I have no issues with viewing except under bright room conditions (i.e. a bright sunny day). I've been feeling more adventurous of late and want to see what this TV can really do.

1) Will my precautions make a difference or will burn-in still occur from prolonged use of 'high risk' content anyway?

2) Are my precautions over the top and unnecessary and is there a better balance that can be achieved between image quality and protection?

Any other advice on OLED TV's in general welcome. Thanks

I run mine normally. The TV itself has built in features to prevent burning. Do not put a gaming system on it. Do not run a news ticker on the bottom of the screen all day. Other than that, you should be fine.

OLED screens have a vastly shorter expected lifespan than LED screens. Roughly one-tenth the projected MTBF.

So just accept that fact. No point in having a TV capable of superb image quality if you’re going to pussyfoot around with it and not use it to best effect.

Most OLEDs will likely work fine with no precautions necessary until owners eventually decide to replace them in the normal manner. But far more WILL fail or suffer noticeable burn-in during that time than comparable LED models (which don’t suffer burn-in either).

I have not read all of your statements

because what I am going to tell you should cover everything.

Get a calibration disc (DVD or BD; $20 to $50)

and use it to set the gray scale of your TV. *

The process should take between one and two hours of

careful, patient attention to the instructions and details.

If you do it well, you might obtain image quality

up to 90% as good as what a $300 professional calibration would achieve.

Settings that result from such procedures Will Minimize the chance of burn-in,

but you still need to be careful to avoid leaving a static image on the screen too long.

*Joe Kane Productions discs tend to produce the most accurate results,

but some other brands are often easier to use.