What exactly is the purpose of a concrete saw?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • M.
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

To slice concrete.

• 5 months ago

concrete saw is meant to cut through concrete

and is not a saw made of concrete.

• 5 months ago

To saw concrete.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

To cut hard METAL with

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

To cut concrete. Diamond blades in an angle grinder work best.

• Joseph
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I would hazard a guess and say to cut concrete.

Source(s): 30 years of experience in heavy construction.
  • Fred
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

They come in a form ranging from small hand held powered tools tipped with soft expendable dry abrasives ranging up to diamond abrasives cooled with water. Water will prevent thick clouds of dust and lower lung exposure to softer air born abrasives or parent material.

The larger saws have internal combustion motors on wheels and smaller vertical and horizontal cutting chain saws with diamond abrasive tipped cutting links and fittings to attach pressurized water to.

There are company's that specialized in cutting square holes for windows in concrete basements so people can add a bedroom with a second means of fire escape.

The larger saw on wheels is the custom in large concrete casting. Small casting companies cut the wet concrete to separate the aggregate before the final chemical bonding takes place so straight thermal cracks occur. The larger companies cast large slabs and cut (score) the concrete weakening a straight and appealing crack line with large equipment mounted on wheels. As the concreate thermally changes size and needs a place to slightly shift without a random ragged crack.

• 5 months ago

Used to cut concrete to make it easier and safer to dismantle. The main issue is that most structural concrete has steel reinforcing bars that require diamond-encrusted blades to actually cut.

I had a job, many decades ago, operating the concrete saw as part of the deconstruction of an existing bridge over a river on an interstate. Had to cut the bridge platform into sections that could be raised by crane, to avoid the debris dropping into the river, which was a tidal estuary and a sensitive ecological zone that would not do well as a dump site.

• Henry
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

I don't think there's a concrete saw nor many of them.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

it cuts into hardened cement for expansion joints or construction projects ............

• Joseph
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I cringe every time I hear the word "cement" when referring to concrete. Cement is the gray powder that goes into concrete mixture, along with sand, stone, water and other ingredients.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.