Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 5 months ago

I think it's stupid shed staying with her job?

My girlfriend wont leave her job. I think she is stupid for staying, but she says she likes her job even though it doesn't pay the best.

She said she loves knowing when she works and when shed off for the year, she never has to work a holiday or weekend. She loves the kids

She works at school doing lunch, walking and a sub aide.

Last school year she was just doing lunch.

She is not full time yet, and she can go to Wal-Mart and make more money. She also seems to think for the future of she does leave the school it will look better then Wal-Mart on an resume. What are your views?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • lucy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Wal mart?

In retail, even if she gets full time hours, there is NO guarantee of the same hours every week. She could work nights, till the store closes. Or could have (both) working days and then working nights. IE: works 9 to 6, then works 3 to 10.

Retail does NOT have weekends off, or in many cases may not have 2 days off in a row. So she might have Monday off, then her 2nd day is Thursday. With split days off, never "feels" like having time off.

HOLIDAYS, she will work every friggin holiday, especially Black Friday, where she might have to come in on Thanksgiving, or 5 AM on Friday. The (only) holiday that retail closes is Christmas, but many will be open, since more want the business.

• 5 months ago

So she's entirely happy with the job, and the flexibility it gives her around family.

Why should she leave?

You don't control her; she makes her own life choices. This is her choice..

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Its HER job, not yours.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.