Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 5 months ago

What time should I get to LAX if my flight departs at 6:08am and it boards at 5:35am?

• MS
    Favorite Answer

You're advised to get there two hours prior, and LAX security usually opens between 4-5am. That being said, the airport isn't usually overwhelmingly busy that that hour. I myself would rather be too early than too late, so I wouldn't be comfortable arriving any later than 4:30. You might be okay if you are there by about 5. That means IN the airport by then - not parking your car then.

• DEBS

Assuming domestic.....4:30am on the curb should be okay.

• RICK

For a domestic flight no later then 4:08am

For international no later then 3:08am

its fair to say that you might not have been offered the best advice. arriving at an international airport can make it more complicated than a rural airport, for one thing, even parking and getting transport to your terminal takes longer, checkin could be ok or really busy even at 4am. international flights are often at a gate furthest from the check in area, so can take 20-30 minutes to reach, security queues are often deceptive too even a10 min wait could take 20 mins if you are delayed by a search of your baggage. for domestic travel I would still recommend being in the terminal no later than 4:15 and if international 3:15

Is it a domestic flight or international? Planes used on international flights are much bigger and there are more people checking in, plus it takes more time so you have to get there earlier. If you are not checking any luggage and print out your boarding passes at home, you should be able to get through security pretty quickly. I wouldn't get there any later than 4:30-earlier if it's an international flight. I missed a flight out of LAX once because of the traffic.

The earlier the better.

• .

One hour early for domestic flights and two hours early for international.

• bluebellbkk

Rick is right. Frequent fllyers who know their way around an airport can sometimes get away with shorter times, but as you sound uncertain, it's much better to get there too early than even 20 seconds too late.