Is it possible to become a famous singer at 25? Is it an inmature goal?

Age has nothing to do with becoming famous.

It is possible. There are lots of young, famous singers.

• RJ

It is possible, but very, very difficult to become a singer of note

Here are some tips on how to become a famous singer:

Be determined and persistent. There's a lot of competition out there - thousands of people want the fame and fortune of a successful singing career. Most successful singers spend years working on their voices and playing low-paying gigs before they make it big. Don't lose sight of your goal, and resolve to be patient.

Start with one good song that you sing great. Once you got that work on your next best song. Before you know it, you'll have a whole night covered, a gig of good stuff.

If you don't write your own songs, pick good covers. A lot of singers don't write their own songs, and that's OK. Particularly when you're first starting out, you want people to pay more attention to the quality of your voice than the quality of your songwriting. Build up a "set list" of 10 to 15 covers you know you can really knock out of the park, and practice getting better at them.

Sing in public whenever possible. Book as many gigs as you can to get your voice out there - you never know who will be listening in the audience. Sing at private parties, county fairs, store openings, rodeos, sporting events, talent shows, karaoke nights, and anywhere else that will have you, paid or not. Even if you don't get spotted by a talent agent right away, you're practicing your stage presence and getting used to being in front of a crowd.

Start a YouTube channel. Some people have actually managed to become famous through posting videos of themselves singing on YouTube.

Become a publicity hound. Eat, breathe, and sleep attention. Look for photo ops. Speak up. Swipe up any chance to shake up the spotlight. Make yourself known.

Network. Be in the places where successful musicians/producers meet (clubs, dance halls) and act like you're part of the industry, even if they don't know who you are. Go to a city known for music (such as Nashville, Memphis, New York City, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Austin or Las Vegas) and socialize with the local musicians.

Source(s): I am a professional singer

So you want to be a professional singer. Do you sing in front of crowds now? Are you active in theater guilds or acting troupes? Do you write your own music? Ever entered a karaoke contest?

All these are ways to find out if you have what it takes to make a living at this career. I am a professional security guard who sings and has hosted karaoke. I am currently a broadcaster on the side as well. And I write lyrics, but need to pick up an instrument so I can write songs. I am buying a house and will equip an outbuilding with a studio on the property.

All of these artists were successful before age 25, most before age 20. I'm sure I could come up with many more with a little thought.

Taylor Swift

Mick Jagger

Justin Timberlake

Miley Cyrus

Rihanna

Beyonce

It’s totally possible. Shawn Mendes is 20 and Billie Eilish is 17. Some people may say you’re immature, but they won’t matter when you become a star.

• Brian

All you need is one hit. Come up with the next big song.