Is facebook saying the Gospel is hate speech?

REPORT: Facebook Censors Peaceful Saint Augustine Quote As ‘Hate Speech’.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/49546/report-facebo...

A blogger reported on July 14 that Facebook had repeatedly banned a quote from St. Augustine of Hippo, a theologian and philosopher from the 5th century, every time he's posted it, labeling it has "hate speech."

Domenico Bettinelli had written in his blog about his recent experience. "Facebook has repeatedly banned a quote from St. Augustine every time I've posted it. And it's not some fire and brimstone 'Sinners are going to hell!' quote, but in fact, quite the opposite."

This is because facebook now uses an idiotic algorithm to run everything. My account /AustralianAtheist was recently banned from facebook for harmlessly quoting a historical figure.

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

To be honest: I think it's just a misunderstanding of the quote.

Included in the quote is this phrase:

- men are hopeless creatures

and

- Unable to excuse themselves

Out-of-context

(which interpretation can happen also with a quick, careless reading)

that can understandably be interpreted as "hate speech".

• In other words their algorithm which polices the place is completely retarded.

• 4 months ago

For one thing, I would dispute that St. Augustine is The Gospel - it's a religious text, like thousands of others from dozens of religions.

For another, FB doesn't have to justify deleting a post - their sandbox, their sand, their buckets, their spades, their rules. They would have to justify, however, if they're not deleting dubious posts fast enough - they're currently facing a 2 Million fine over here for being too hard to reach and too slow in deleting hate speech.

And please don't start with "historical figures". Hate speech isn't a new invention, it isn't even a 20th century invention.

• Markus Imhof
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Nope - they're a commercial venture, and YOU are the goods.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Depending on the way it was Worded it could be

Its Facebook's Site tho if they want to Delete it they can

Rather you Agree with the way they Delete things or Not

• Not. They should put it in their sign up form that users may be deleted for no reason because facebook staff are an evil pack of cvnts.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.