Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

How to get over someone? Please help me?

I've liked this guy since I was 11. I'm 19 now. I first met him in 5th grade but I moved schools a lot and I transferred out the next year. I met him again in 11th grade, but of course he was different. We ended up in the same class for 2 years but I've always been too shy to talk to him and I guess he figured out I liked him but he was still nice to me and spared my feelings a lot. I know he never liked me and never will. I'm in College now, we ended up in the same college, taking the same course. But he withdrew without telling anyone, his best friend said he is running his father's business in Russia. I don't think I'll ever have a chance, or we'll ever meet again and it breaks my heart. He's never single and I know maybe he'll be married the next time we meet.

So I just want to move on. I don't know how. Please help me.

Time. You need to take time to get to know yourself and grow as a person. It will get better in time and you will realize that there are sooooo many people in this world. You keep focusing on what will never be - how could you even imagine what could be? Time has a way of bringing things into focus more clearly and in that time things will naturally fall into place. Be patient, good things come to those who wait.

• Ishi5 months agoReport

The first one that really hit me hard is the statement "Love yourself FIRST". It's cliché and it's everywhere and I thought it was a narcissistic statement then years after of tough moving on, I realize that it is something I need and understand it in "meaningful" as we say.

keep going back to that person until you just don't care anymore.

Stay busy. When my ex and I broke up, I went into work on my vacation and asked for extra hours. It helped a lot.

Meet new people

find someone else

I'll help you get over. Get with me.

Find someone to rebound with. You are in college and that is the time that many women and men explore their sexuality.

Source(s): .56
  • kim

Get involved with goal setting. That includes sports and community volunteering. This society is making kids think all there is is sex and relationships. Not true, you need to understand your place as a woman, your likes and boundaries. You need activites to bring along with you into your twenties. So get busy getting good at a sport you like, and really learn how to listen to others. Join a youth group at your church and pray about your future. Your young man is too immature to get a relationship anyway. He will remember you fondly but gosh this is puppy love honey.

Im trying my luck at this point but is your name by any chance Hayley Miller? dont bother responding if you're not i was just reading this and i realized i did fourth or fifth grade as well as highschool and briefly college this year with one particular girl. One very shy yet nice girl. I wouldn't cut her out of my life tho and surely id like to see her again. I've always thought of her as a cute little sister even though she's so obvious. I moved to Russia but unlike your story my father doesn't own a business, i actually applied to study here. Its a stretch but what are the odds right?

• Princess5 months agoReport

Dude, try to get her attention or something. You think she saw your answer?

....child.. there are so many men in this world.. youll eventually meet someone who'll make u forget Russia boy ever existed..

Pray to God for help in this situation for God will lead you in the right direction and if you and that guy are meant to be together God will help you meet that guy again as always remember God knows what's best for the heart