Should I get drunk for the first time tonight?

Hello! I’m an 18 year old girl and I got invited to a small party tonight. My best friend and I are going and we’re planning on drinking a little bit. I’ve never had a drink or smoked before so I’m new to all of this. Im planning on having 3 drinks max, but I don’t know how it will affect me. I’m 5’7 and 125 pounds. I’ve heard that it’s easier to feel the affects when it’s your first time or you’re not a heavy person. I also have work at noon tomorrow. Is this a good idea for me? Should I drink tonight and do you think I will have a hangover at work tomorrow? Let me know what you guys think!

• Joe

Alcohol is poison. Your body is a shrine. Take care of yourself.

Unless you live in the UK you're not old enough to be drinking and trust me doing it before work isn't a good idea you'll feel like sh*t and you'll feel dead you'll just wanna sleep literally all day long. Hangovers suck and it's your first time drinking you might not be able to handle it.

• Clive

Don't get drunk if you have work tomorrow. First time, yes, it hits you harder because you're less used to it. And stop as soon as you start to feel the effects as you'll end up having too much otherwise - there will be still more alcohol to get through your system.

You should learn your limits but it's your life.

You're an adult.

It's your choice.

• Shay

Here is the problem. Three drinks of WHAT and with what alcohol content.

The alcohol content per drink is very different depending on WHAT you are drinking. Every alcohol has a per volume alcohol content. So, the higher the number on the volume, the more alcohol content there will be in each drink. For example, you need to drink a 12 ounce beer (a can) to get the same amount of alcohol that you would get from 1.5 ounces of whiskey (a shot).

Three drinks of some things may just give you a buzz while three drinks of other things might cause you to be drunk.

As for being hungover the next day, that really depends on how drunk you actually get. If you only get buzzed, then a hangover is unlikely.

Just make sure you are with a few good friends only.

Take it easy. Don’t drink to quickly.

No, if you've never drank before you don't want to get out of control. You may even feel tipsy from one drink. Just start with one.

No not worth it you’ll be sick tomorrow