Why do grown adults say they need a straw because "it hurts their teeth" to drink like an adult?

How the heck are these people drinking for their teeth to hurt from a drink?? Are they clenching their teeth on the cup ensuring the liquid passes their teeth? I don't understand it. In all my years of drinking without straws, liquid never hits my teeth as it enters.. it just goes straight to my tongue... show more How the heck are these people drinking for their teeth to hurt from a drink??

Are they clenching their teeth on the cup ensuring the liquid passes their teeth?

I don't understand it. In all my years of drinking without straws, liquid never hits my teeth as it enters.. it just goes straight to my tongue area..

And how is it that so many people even have "sensitive teeth" in the first place??? Practically every single time someone complains about straws being banned, they argue they have "sensitive teeth"... really? Yeah, sure, ok ๐Ÿ‘Œ