Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 5 months ago

Why do grown adults say they need a straw because "it hurts their teeth" to drink like an adult?

How the heck are these people drinking for their teeth to hurt from a drink??

Are they clenching their teeth on the cup ensuring the liquid passes their teeth?

I don't understand it. In all my years of drinking without straws, liquid never hits my teeth as it enters.. it just goes straight to my tongue area..

And how is it that so many people even have "sensitive teeth" in the first place??? Practically every single time someone complains about straws being banned, they argue they have "sensitive teeth"... really? Yeah, sure, ok 👌

Favorite Answer

Lots of people have sensitive teeth. Some tooth bleaching products can also cause sensitive teeth. I know it's difficult to relate to if you don't have the problem. I don't either, but I've seen lots of people wince when I bite into an ice cream or chew on an ice cube.

As for the straws, there are reusable straws not made from plastic, so there's no need for them to be against a plastic straw ban.

Less sugar on their teeth

Many people have temperature sensitive teeth us why. Many people are also weather sensitive, sometimes very weather sensitive to low air pressure weather systems because they have arthritics. Young children can have arthritis. Arthritis is complication of type 1 diabetes Ive known since high school when it might rain in the next 2 days. because my left knee would ache. Now, 50 years later, it's usually my tight hip and some times my right knee.

If the type of straw some one uses or does not use upsets you this much, you have major anger management issues. "The customer is always right. " MYOB.

• Jay

Everybody is not you.

Some people have sensitive teeth.

I feel like you're blowing this out of proportion. You're frustrated by something that legitimately doesn't make a difference to your day to day life.

Have you been stressed lately?

Maybe they suck better than they slurp.