Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 5 months ago

How much of a movie is stock footage?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

As I understand it, stock footage is primarily used to bridge a scene to another scene.

Stock footage is also used to integrate notable figures. The ideal example is Forrest Gump. Film editors used retro clips of President Nixon to show he’s shaking hands with Tom Hanks.

Documentary films use stock footage to give emphasis to the subject. It’s possible to use this close-up clip of a snow geese clip if the film is mainly about the life cycle of ducks, geese, and swans.

The small function of stock footage is as important as the food you eat in a day. If you have no food beside you, your work productivity declines. If you don’t eat a meal before sleeping, you’ll wake up the next day starving.

The food is stock footage in filming. It gives these movies a special kind of life in general. Get free food stock footage for your business website, ads and other projects at hdbox.com

• 5 months ago

Very little for ACTUAL movies that took months to film. Some mainstream films will sometimes copy establishing shots (i.e. films set in New York City, London etc), street shots, even the same music effects, the most iconic one is the Wilhelm scream, which is in a lot of action and war movies.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not sure.................

• 5 months ago

Stock footage is not a movie but previous footage that was shot to save money. You will find a lot of old movies used stock footage.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Very little. It's more for TV shows which have regularly-featured exterior shots of towns, streets, businesses, cities, etc.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Anything................

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

90% of a movie is stock footage.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Anything more than 5%, I get my money back.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.