Do you think track would be a good sport to start in Highschool?

Hello, I'm 15 and I'm going to be a sophomore in 1 more month. I am also overweight but I can be active at some times. I have been struggling in my weight for as long as I can remember. My mother convinced me to try and sign up for a highschool activity. She said she did track when she was in highschool and... show more Hello, I'm 15 and I'm going to be a sophomore in 1 more month. I am also overweight but I can be active at some times. I have been struggling in my weight for as long as I can remember. My mother convinced me to try and sign up for a highschool activity. She said she did track when she was in highschool and it kept her fit. I hate all the other sports and I wanna do track but I'm afraid that I'm going to be left behind because of lack of experience. So I'm looking for advice from your answers. Do you think track is good for an overweight highschool sport beginner?