Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 5 months ago

do we need protection if he’s had a vasectomy?

i’ve been talking to this guy for 6 months now and i think tonight is finally the night. during our talking he had a vasectomy. does this mean we don’t need condoms or birth control? neither of us have or ever had any std’s or sti’s btw

15 Answers

Relevance
  • alan P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I don't know how old he is but someone in their 20s who has never had children is unlikely to have had a vasectomy I think. If he's 35 and has had 3 children by a previously relationship then its much more plausible.

• 5 months ago

How do you know he is telling the truth? You don't. He can have any STD as well. Once your pregnant that is it. Don't trust words.

• 5 months ago

i have shot blanks since 1977........but i never tell my partners

• 5 months ago

If he really had one, no.

If he's lying, yes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Go for it if you get pregnant do two things. 1. Marry him. 2. Sue the doctor who performed the vasectomy.

• hi
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

I hope you don't mind my advice . I think you guys should first get married and then make love .

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Or he could be lying

• 5 months ago

Don't fall for the story of vasectomy, use condoms

• MissA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Do you trust him?

Vasectomy is an excellent method of birth control. I have personally been relying upon it for 5+ years now with no pregnancies or scares.

However, I trust my husband absolutely, with my entire life and future. Also I drove him to and from the urologist where he had the operation and sat in the waiting room. If you are 100% confident that this guy knows his STD status (most people with STDs don't know it) and would never ever lie to you about that, or about his having had a vasectomy... then yeah. It's fine.

If you*don't* have that confidence make him put on a condom. It's not gonna kill him.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Don't trust him, talk is cheap.....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.