Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 5 months ago

do we need protection if he’s had a vasectomy?

i’ve been talking to this guy for 6 months now and i think tonight is finally the night. during our talking he had a vasectomy. does this mean we don’t need condoms or birth control? neither of us have or ever had any std’s or sti’s btw

• alan P

I don't know how old he is but someone in their 20s who has never had children is unlikely to have had a vasectomy I think. If he's 35 and has had 3 children by a previously relationship then its much more plausible.

How do you know he is telling the truth? You don't. He can have any STD as well. Once your pregnant that is it. Don't trust words.

i have shot blanks since 1977........but i never tell my partners

If he really had one, no.

If he's lying, yes.

Go for it if you get pregnant do two things. 1. Marry him. 2. Sue the doctor who performed the vasectomy.

• hi

I hope you don't mind my advice . I think you guys should first get married and then make love .

• Byrd

Or he could be lying

Don't fall for the story of vasectomy, use condoms

• MissA

Do you trust him?

Vasectomy is an excellent method of birth control. I have personally been relying upon it for 5+ years now with no pregnancies or scares.

However, I trust my husband absolutely, with my entire life and future. Also I drove him to and from the urologist where he had the operation and sat in the waiting room. If you are 100% confident that this guy knows his STD status (most people with STDs don't know it) and would never ever lie to you about that, or about his having had a vasectomy... then yeah. It's fine.

If you*don't* have that confidence make him put on a condom. It's not gonna kill him.

Don't trust him, talk is cheap.....