Chill 'n asked in SportsHockey · 12 months ago

I need advice from hockey coaches and players in the college, junior and/or professional level. Read in answers as it is too long...?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago

In my opinion, I would suggest staying with his U18 team. My thoughts on this is that since the NAHL team isn't exactly the best team in the league, then it may mean that their team chemistry might not be very good. The skill on the team also may not be the best. By staying with the U18 team, he will be able to further develop his skills and prepare for maybe another offer from a better team and maybe even a better chance at a scholarship or be a draft prospect.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

You are so retarded. Why are you telling us, we don't care... idiot

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Then go ask coaches and players. I don't know why you felt the need to tell us online stranger armchair experts.

• 12 months ago

I am in need of advice by hockey players and coaches at the junior, college or professional level. My son is a 2002 born hockey player. We live in MN. Last year, as a sophomore, my son took a leap of faith and left the Minnesota State High School league to play for a new U18 team in the NAPHL prep league. The new team had much success. He was invited to a few USHL main camps, but did not make the final cut. We then decided to try an NAHL camp close to home, and he made the final cut and was invited to attend their training camp. Now he's got a tough decision. He'd love to play in the NAHL because we know that a lot of NCAA scholarships and even some NHL drafts come from that league - however, the team is the worst team in the league; and his Prep team coach feels he can do better and think if playing one more year in NAPHL playing 60+ games will give him exposure, get him stronger and help him make a USHL team next year. I'm in need of advice. Does he decline this NAHL team? And if so, does that look bad? Or does he play for the team, in hopes a USHL team sees him and drafts him the following year? He's only going to be a Junior in high school this fall, so I feel there is time. I'm leaning toward staying with his U18 team, but is that a mistake?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.