Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 6 months ago

Why has my credit score on experian dropped 99 points?

I'm worried if someone else has taken anything else out in my name, my parents have did that to me before. When I checked my score on totally money it said I have no open accounts tho ? I'm very confused and a little concerned. How do I find out why it droped ? My credit score on experian is poor, but on totally money it says it's 'pretty good" what do I look at? I did gets loans out myself but I paid them back on time. I pay all my bills on time etc. My score went down when my parents took stuff out but since I've told them to close all the accounts and never do it again. I'm worried if they have, if they have what do I do about it and how can I prove it was them ?

Favorite Answer

Start by going to annualcreditreport.com and pulling all three credit reports. Review them carefully. If there are mistakes (even if it is only an address), dispute them and make sure they get corrected. Next, if there are accounts on there that you do not recognize, immediately put a freeze on your reports (that way no one can pull your reports). Then call each company and find out what is going on - if you did not apply for or open these accounts, ask for the fraud department and follow their directions - an dyes, it may mean that you have to file a police report.

Just tracking your score is useless - the score is an indicator of two things - your credit worthiness (whether or not you get approved for something) and a red flag that someone is misusing your credit. You need to be more proactive.

• nt

Even if you or someone opened a couple of new accounts, your score should not drop that much. That usually means you were late on a payment.

I am signed up at credit karma, discover and a few others and all email me within days of anything happening. Like a hard pull or whatever. I am not late on payments so I don't know what it would do then.

Gee an hour ago it only dropped 66

Check your credit reports for inaccuracies. You are entitled to one free credit report from each of the three major reporting agencies once each year.

http:www//annualcreditreport.gov

• Slabberdasken

oops i meant http://www.annualcreditreport.com

• 28AKO

It may be so cause u don't have any active open accounts in your name. I got a notice from experian saying my credit score had decreased 33 points in 30days. It was nothing new on there than before

• Tavy

You need to contact them and ask for a report. They usually charge a small fee.

I'm also 20 years old. Will I be able to improve my score my then time I can save for a deposit on a house?