Can someone advise me on how I choose which career to study?

With thousands of options, how will you pick a career that's right for you? If you don't have any idea what you want to do, the task may seem insurmountable. Fortunately, it isn't. Put enough thought into it, and you will increase your chances of making a good decision.

1. Assess Yourself - Before you can choose the right career, you must learn about yourself. Your values, interests, soft skills, and aptitudes, in combination with your personality type, make some occupations a good fit for you and others completely inappropriate.

2. Make a List of Occupations to Explore - You probably have multiple lists of occupations in front of you at this point—one generated by each of the self-assessment tools you used. To keep yourself organized, you should combine them into one master list.

3. Explore the Occupations on Your List - Find job descriptions and educational, training and licensing requirements in published sources. Learn about advancement opportunities. Use government-produced labor market information to get data about earnings and job outlook.

4. Create a "Short List" - At this point, start to narrow down your list even more. Based on what you learned from your research so far, begin eliminating the careers you don't want to pursue any further. You should end up with fewer than two to five occupations on your "shortlist."

5. Conduct Informational Interviews - When you have only a few occupations left on your list, start doing more in-depth research. Arrange to meet with people who work in the occupations in which you are interested.

Don't study any career. It's a waste of time and money. Roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty.

Find something that she really liked and do that. I also suggest that you don't go to college instead that you go to a trade school. I really love animals and I'm also artistic so I ended up deciding to go to a trade school to become a dog groomer. I worked my butt off and it only took me four months rather than the 6 months to a year it normally takes. It's now less than two years later and I'm making anywhere from 600 to $1,000 a day. In another year to a year and a half I'll have enough money to buy the $300,000 farm i want cash down.

Do something you really love, follow your dreams

• David

The most important thing is to find something you love, and for which you have some aptitude. Don't make the same mistake that some college students do, in that they choose a career path for $$$ only. Even if a job pays big bucks, you'll be miserable if you don't love it. And, if you try to study something you don't really understand, you'll be stressed out trying to pass the course.

A co-worker told me, "Get into computers: you'll make a lot of money." That's actually true...if I had any aptitude for computers, and if I provided anything valuable for the marketplace. There are some things I'd like to do that would require computer skills, so I figured I'd take a shot at it. (I didn't go to any school, but tried to learn it on my own.)

As it turned out, going to school for computer skills would have been a waste of time and money. I tried to learn how to write computer programming code, and tried to understand the basics of the technology. But I found the subject boring, and it just didn't take! If I had tried to go to school for that, I would have been totally stressed out. Even if I could learn anything, and even if I could have gotten a job in the computer industry, I would not have been happy. I just don't enjoy that kind of work, and no amount of money could have persuaded me otherwise.

If I had to sit in front of a monitor for hours on end, I would much rather write a novel or a history book. Writing and research are the only things I can do, anyway. At least I enjoy it.

Sex ed female nude body

You need to tell us a little about yourself, what your interests are and what you have thought would be a good fit for you? There are way too many careers. Do you know anything? What about googling careers you might have a slight interest in and take it from there Sparky? Good luck.

Well what are you interested in? What are your life goals?

Those are your personal choices, not ours. We can only suggest what you want to major based on your preferences.