bryson asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 5 months ago

Ballet vs hip hop?

I’m wanting learn a dance style and I don’t don’t know which one would be right one for me as a young adult man ballet or hip hop which one can I do solo

Ballet, it teaches classic movement, grace and steps and is the basis of all dance.

To be able to perform a solo well, takes many years of training no matter what dance genre you do. Why not get are a trial class in both to see which you enjoy more? As neither will be a career for you based on you being a “young adult male” it’s all about which gives you the most satisfaction. I would like to add that hip hop is way more forgiving. Especially on a recreational level. Ballet is all about perfection. Even in recreational ballet it would take many years before you would have the technique and muscle training required to perform a solo variation.

Ballet is almost always done as part of a troupe, and for specific performances. Hip Hop is much more free style.

Check out Toni Basil's version of Swan Lake.

i would do whichever one you want to do

Ballet is more graceful and precise, but it comes with a lot of pain. But hip hop is more free, but it requires a lot of energy. Are you more energetic or more calm ?? That’s the question