Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

Dog hates the UPS driver, what can I do?

My dog is 9 years old and hates our UPS driver and gets a bit aggressive with him. We have a 2 year old puppy who was trying to grab the package the driver was delivering one time. The driver kicked at our puppy and now our 9 year old dog hates him. He goes nuts when he sees the truck or hears it. We don’t know what to do because we don’t have proof that he kicked the puppy that one time. We’re afraid the driver might call the police or something. Generally we try to keep the dogs inside when we know a package is coming but every once and a while one comes unexpected. We just don’t want to lose our dog, especially when he’s only aggressive because the driver assaulted our other dog.

Update:

First, the property is on farm land far from the road. There is an electric fence surrounding the entire property.

Second, there are no state requirements for a physical fence or leashing on private property.

Third, the dog never bit him. The driver placed a package on my front porch. The puppy picked it up. The driver then kicked my dog for taking the package. The dogs never bothered him until he kicked the puppy.

My question is what can I do with UPS like filing a complaint, report, etc.

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

First you need a dog whisper or keep them away from UPS guy. Since the guy kick your puppy go file a complaint to UPS.

• 5 months ago

File a complaint for what? You can either have your packages delivered to another address, get a PO box to have your mail delivered OR you can keep your dogs in a fenced area so that it won't go after who ever. It is YOUR responsibility to KEEP THE DOGS AWAY from the mail carrier, FedEx, UPS and the police. If the police had to come on your property and one of those dogs come after them, expect to have them shot because they were considered dangerous. Don't be surprised if your hit with a lawsuit because one of your dogs bite someone. If your dog's aren't fixed, do it. Just throwing it out there because based on your story, your not a very good pet owner. BE RESPONSIBLE!

• Kreaky Kiwi5 months agoReport

"fixed", [Lee]?
      Don't be prissy. Do accept that NEUTERING has VERY little to do with aggression towards humans.

In addition, the Update strongly suggests that the Asker is a lying troll. You camnot TRUST the cowards who hide behind the bowler-hatted blue-faced [Anonymous].

• patty
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

put your dog in a room or tie him up when the guy comes.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Get the UPS driver fired

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Maybe you should first start with being a responsible pet owner and not let your animals run loose like that.

Lv 7
    5 months ago

Your dogs should not be able to interfere with the performance of his duties, and the UPS driver should be able to approach your door without being accosted by your pets. It's called a fence. Build one and fence them away from that area. You say you have no proof he "kicked at" your ill-mannered adult dog (NOT A PUPPY), not that I'd blame him if he had; he is responsible for the safe and undamaged delivery of the package to you. You have no grounds to file a complaint here. However, HE has grounds to complain about your dogs, and if your dog is aggressive towards him and he feels unsafe, he can refuse to deliver to your home until the dog is removed.

I suppose your other alternative is to have all your packages held at a UPS facility and go pick them up yourself.

• 5 months ago

just try to keep your dogs away frorn hirn

• 5 months ago

He had every right to kick the puppy if the puppy was free to attack him. Dogs do not have a memory or seek revenge. They just know that every once in a while a big noisy brown truck stops and the driver trespasses on their territory.

• James
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

keep your dogs inside.

• 5 months ago

Keep your dog inside the house and keep him/her inside a locked room until the UPS driver leaves

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.