Does micro-wave cause cansur?

I eat from micro wave. It is tasty. But, each fren says it causes cansur. Is this true? Why/why not? I have basic knowledge of waves and quantum physics if you like to go in-depth

15 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Your statement is laughable. If you had a better grasp of English and the Electromagnetic Spectrum, you would know that microwaves passing through organic matter "excite" the molecules causing them to heat up. You also should hang around better educated "frens". Microwaves and other high energy emissions can cause genetic damage that may eventually develop into "cansur" in living tissue, but what you put in the microwave is already dead. You might try putting your "fren" in the microwave and see if he develops cancer in 15 years or so.

• Curious3 weeks agoReport

I am delighted by this very exquisite and friendly answer regarding the possible biological effects of the light waves in the microwave spectrum. This was hampering my confidence in using microwave appliance to cook food. But now, it seems that this fear has vanished.  U tru fren! 

• goring
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Micro wave is the result of light particle moving at a very short spacing between particles.

When it come to cooking in a microwave oven anything with hydrogen will heat up .

The results is the food has receive heat energy. Hence you are eating warm rather than cold. Eating safe food at Different temperatures will not cause cancer. Only foods that are toxic to human body will cause havoc to cell which results in cancer.

• 5 months ago

If it did you would not have one.

• 5 months ago

I think i got cancer from reading the spelling of this question

• Curious3 weeks agoReport

I am very worried about what has been transmitted to my visual cortex. It seems that a seemingly innocent query to the possible biological effects of microwave appliance has caused some unforeseen consequences. I hope you will get chemotherapy and get back into healthy form.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Vaman
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If you eat boiled egg then microwave is like heating radiation. It is absolutely safe.

• 5 months ago

Just in case, leave the room when the M/W is cooking.

• 5 months ago

Even things that "cause" cancer don't CAUSE cancer. They contribute to it. They increase the probability of cancer.

But there are people who have been exposed to asbestos that don't get cancer. People who smoke that haven't got cancer.

So you need to always evaluate the degree of risk.

Any irritant contributes to cancer. The radiation used to heat the food does not ionize it nor leave any residual effects.

So the food should be as safe as any cooked food can be.

Remember that overheating food and burning it creates chemicals that do increase the risk of cancer.

This is less likely in the microwave.

The operation of the microwave itself then is the only thing to consider. Leaking microwaves may represent a hazard. So the units are designed to not leak any radiation.

Yet they do warn you to always check that the seals are good and the door latch works etc.

To ensure that you are not exposed to direct microwave radiation.

Because that MIGHT be hazardous.

• D g
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

microwaves are energy in the form of electromagetic waves

electro magnetic waves include light and radio waves.

the food you cook with micro waves heats up the water in the food .. ..

and essentially boils the food in its own juices

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i dont think so, ive used rnicrowaves for yrs and never got cancer

• oldschool
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Likewise. I bought a m/w for over $300 when they first came out. Alive to tell about it.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No a microwave does not cause cancer. It causes hot food. That's all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.