Is running out of BS a sign of unintelligence?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Some people ain't ever gonna run outta BS. I should know since I've been waiting several decades for it to happen and I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting for the rest of my life or theirs.

I wouldn't necessarily consider their running outta BS a sign of unintelligence as much as it is a hopeful sign of their miniscule seed of intelligence, that's been fertilized by all that BS over the years, finally growing into a stem of STFU then blossoming into a beautiful flower of peace and quiet right before it shrivels up and dies.

• 4 months ago

Hhggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Running out of BS is like saying all the beaches in the world are running out of sand

• BS is a roadblock between other people and your true intentions. If you run out of BS, it means you are discovered. And subject of public approval. Unless you are the perfect citizen, it does not serve to be exposed. People syphon their actions away from public disapproval. They juggle. They play their part.

Perhaps in the future we learn to be our true selves but it must go through an interface of that part we play. Who we are must be woven into our mythos. And into the mythos of society. In order to maintain harmony.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Henry
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

It could be the first sign of intelligence.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Depends on the cause; if one, e.g. later K. Marx, is, during drinking bouts with friends, acknowledging "this Communist bullsh!t," then such is moving toward a clearer realization of truth and lie, which, according to Harry Frankfurt ("On Bullsh!t"), is a more progressive stage, than the vagaries of bs-ing.

Those types of "running out of" ~ = increasing in-telling, or intelligence, vis a vis a clearer discernment of what is (according to the metric, all of which seem to relative in physis and psyche), "true" and "not true." (Cf M. Scott Peck's "The People of the Lie".)

• Speed
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

As a person interested in philosophy, allow me to introduce you to the work of Harry Frankfurt: https://press.princeton.edu/titles/7929.html

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yup, running out of Bachelor of Science.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I have an untapped source of BS of mega-proportions!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.