Credit card question?

Hello! So my mom just told me she opened up a credit card under my name because she wants to help build my credit. Thing is she asks me for money and is most likely not going to give me the card. I am only 19 years old and she said that she managed to open the account using only my full name and date of birth... show more Hello! So my mom just told me she opened up a credit card under my name because she wants to help build my credit. Thing is she asks me for money and is most likely not going to give me the card. I am only 19 years old and she said that she managed to open the account using only my full name and date of birth because she supposedly does not have my social security information. Is it even possible to open an account with only that information? And can’t she just add me to her credit card she has right now if she really wanted to help me with my credit? I don’t see a reason she would have to get another credit card under my name.
Update: Edit: she said it was going to be in my name but under her account. What does this mean? And I checked credit karma and there is nothing on there so I think that’s a good start but it says most companies send their credit reports every month
Update 2: Based from the responses I’m guessing she only opened a credit card in her account. I guess I only found it kinda weird that she decided to put it in my name lol thanks everyone! I will continue checking credit karma to make sure my credit is okay but I don’t think I have anything to worry about as of now. Sorry if... show more Based from the responses I’m guessing she only opened a credit card in her account. I guess I only found it kinda weird that she decided to put it in my name lol thanks everyone! I will continue checking credit karma to make sure my credit is okay but I don’t think I have anything to worry about as of now. Sorry if this question was dumb, I just don’t understand credit yet as I have not applied for a loan or credit card. So I didn’t want my credit ruined at a young age