Would you marry an atheist?

I am Buddhist wanting a relationship with anybody even a Muslim

• Sky

As an atheist myself, yes, I would if I met someone who I was in love with enough to want to marry. I don't know if I could marry someone who is religious, because someone who is delusional and gullible enough to believe the horseshit fairy tales of religion I would feel less respect for, and I don't know if I could marry someone I didn't fully respect.

I would not start a relationship with a religious person. I like living in reality.

• Paul

Not a chance. Married couples should be able to share important aspects of their lives. I couldn't be married to a women with whom I could not share the central aspect of my life that guides all the other aspects of my life.

If she were a good woman who tried to get along and wouldn't try to destroy my religion, of course.

Definitely not!

• .

If I love her, yes.

An atheist.

My wife would probably be unhappy about it.

• Sarah

If they would respect my beliefs, yes. They might try to convince me there is nothing supernatural, but I would try to steer them towards fighting against evil with our Loving Father as a commander who will help us through our trials.

• Sarah

No, I mean if they try to talk me out of God, I will talk them into God. You can have a debate while respecting beliefs. I would let them share their thoughts against Christianity and why they are atheists and I would share why I am Christian. If they don't want to debate, I won't start one.

A spiritually open one? Or better yet, a spiritually SEEKING one? I think yes. :)

A diehard anti-theist + hardline skeptic, who's got no respect for, and no understanding of, what I'm all about, and what moves my soul? I think not. Not because there's anything inherently wrong with people like that. But just.. we wouldn't be a good fit. Although a friendship just might work. As you can be more distant friends, too. And it does not necessarily require merging souls on THAT deep of a level. :)

• antonius

What are you all about? You seem not to be into a religion, and is usually acceptable to an atheist.