Is it wrong for employers to keep firing me for being too slow I think I have some brain damage from an accident I had years ago?

When I am new to a job I get it I am just a little slower and may ask a few more questions, I’m still a perfectly good worker I see people who are handicapped have jobs so how come people who may be more slow and have a delayed response don’t get equal opportunity ... it’s just frustrating because I have no money and can’t even move out and my parents have to help I demand equal opportunity to work get a job and get my own apartment!

• Who

"I think I have some brain damage from an accident"

you just THINK you have- dont you KNOW?

"I demand equal opportunity to work get a job and get my own apartment!"

You HAVE the opportunity already

Is it fair to pay you the same wage as the person who isn't slow??? Fair is a subjective term...just saying.

So, to help you...when applying for jobs, note your disability and ask for accommodation. If hired without expressing your disability and then expecting them to change the job completely...yeah, you deserve to be fired.

Here is the fun spin off to informing them when you apply...they need to actually review your resume and see if you might be a fit. They will know there could be an EEOC lawsuit, so you might have a better chance.

If you didn't tell them you have the condition and how it affects you before the job offer then you have no case. I doubt you did tell them because a target driven place wouldn't take anyone on knowing they are slow. Have you thought about a job where you don't have to knock anything out fast? Plenty of them.

I have a masters degree with honours and I'm still too slow on any job because I have ADHD and I guess I get distracted I can't keep the multiude of tiny little things they want me to remember perfectly in my head all at once and do them at the exact right time. And believe me I tried for 33 years before giving up so it's not that I don't try. My ADHD is unacceptable to employers I guess and none of them give me a chance. Even when I improve they hold a grudge over the mistakes I made in the past and simply don't hire me again in the new hiring season.

My ADHD doctor told all his adult clients to work for themselves since so many of them always got fired. The thing is working for yourself is really hard too because it's hard to motivate yourself but that's probably what you are going to have to do.

The good news is that with the internet there are all kinds of opportunities to work for yourself that have potential to earn money since you have the whole world as your canvas and potential clients and not just where you live.

You can't focus on the fact that they are unfair. It won't work out for you. You need to focus on building your own online business instead.

Getting your own apartment should not be a priority. It's a waste of money and honestly the days of kids all moving out is fading. Unless your parents are abusive or extremely annoying I don't think your focus needs to be on that. If you have to ask your parents for anything make it money to invest in realistic online job expenses. But DO NOT just hand over money to some guru or some fraudster only spend on stuff you worked out you really need to do for yourself for example buying products from China to resell at a higher value on somewhere big like ebay. Then paying your parents some back if they want that. Start small and see if you can turn a profit so you don't waste money.

They don’t care. I have seen employers call mentally challenged people retards to their face. I mean I would still reveal the brain damage but it’s hard to accommodate for speed. They have the mindset that slow people should just be janitors even though they get tax breaks for hiring the disabled. There’s also state disability services. They typically find something you can do and help you find employers who don’t mind people with problems. But if you have multiple problems it gets hard. Like if you have spina bifida and an intellectual disability they usually can’t place you since you can’t do physical work either.

if you have a disability, you need to get it diagnosed and get help. the state vocational rehab program should help you with job training and accommodations.

you must still be able to do the job with reasonable accommodations like reasonable extra training, a job coach, etc

Think of it this way: It takes you longer to do the same thing as the other employees. Yet, I'm sure that you want to be paid the same as them. Time is money and by taking longer, you do not produce as much - you do not make as much money for your employer. Said employer is in business to make money, not to provide jobs to people. Businesses are not charities.

You need to find an occupation where speed will not matter to the employer. Perhaps learn a trade and open your own business. Either that or go to work for a not-for-profit charity. You might also consider a government job. Where I live a lot of the government workers seem brain damaged.

You should demand a raise because you deserve more. LOL

At your next interview inform them of your delayed mentality.

You do have equal opportunity. What you don't have is equal ability.

If you have brain damage you may have a disability covered by the ADA in which case you can request reasonable accommodation from your employer.

You may find it helpful to contact a social service agency who assists people with physical/mental barriers to employment in obtaining training and employment. They may be able to help you find a position that is appropriate for your abilities.

• TheBellJar

If he even lives in the USA which you are assuming.