Ruyuan asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 5 months ago

Is it ok to go to 2 different dance studios at the same time?

I take ballet at one studio, but I’ve recently become really interested in learning acro as well. My current studio don’t offer it so would it be acceptable to go to another studio to learn acro?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Generally my answer would be yes. However there is a very good reason your ballet studio doesn’t offer Acro. That type of training is counterproductive to ballet training. You may find your ballet training will suffer due to the difference in alignment and muscle training. Serious ballet students are not permitted to take Acro or gymnastics. However both Acro and gymnastics students often take ballet to help with their training. It only works well in that one direction. If you are serious about Acro then perhaps take more Acro and limit the ballet. If you are serious about ballet you really should drop the Acro,

• 5 months ago

You can attend as many different dance studios as you want. No one would think that was strange. They would encourage you.

• y
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes, especially if your studio does not offer something. I have also seen one studio tell a student they should take lessons at another if their skill level in one genre or another, is higher then that studio can provide training for.

• mintchips49
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

True. However no serious ballet school would suggest any student should take Acro as the training is counterproductive to ballet training,

• 5 months ago

Yes of course it is

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Katy M
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes. The more places you learn to dance the better.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Of course. Why wouldn't it be acceptable?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.