Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 year ago

Pets- Ideas for a male dogs name please?

• 1 year ago

Oliver (Ollie).

• Sky
    1 year ago

When I adopted a puppy many years ago and needed a name, I just went to a baby name website and started browsing through the names until I collected a short list of names I really liked. Then I continued to whittle those down until I found one I liked the best and which seemed very fitting for her. I refused to give her a typical "dog name" because that tends to treat dogs more like a novelty than with respect as a person with a very unique personality.

1 year ago

If you can't think of a name, doesn't sound like you're bright enough to care for the dog. Surrender him.

• 1 year ago

Google can help you with that. Google ........

Big male dog names

Small male dog names

Strong male dog names

Short male dog names

Names of Gods

Funny male dog names

Mexican, French male dog names

Male names in the Bible

Common male dog names

Rare male dog names

You got the idea, let your imagination sore. good luck.

• 1 year ago

Please give us some details like: color(s) breed mix, or personality to work with, or at least POST a picture of said dog. I am good with descriptive or interesting names, but normally I have more to work with.

Anything you DON'T like or want in a name? I don't like common male human names - like Billy.

• 1 year ago

Boomer

Cruiser

Ranger

Rufus

Banjo

Duffy

Clancy

Sullivan/Sully

Alfie

Banjo

Bodie

Boone

Charley

Cisco

Gizmo

Guiness

Harley

Lando

• 1 year ago

I usually have to know the character of the dog concerned, and see what name seems to fit! I had one puppy, during our 'H' names period who because he was a lemon/white colour, we named Harvester (+ my kennel affix). As we'd had a Harvey (our first) I didn't want to shorten his reg'd name to that. I remember sitting in the whelping box and talking to him .... he 'told me' he was Ben. Honestly! So that was what we called him (it was usually Vesta-Ben). I swear I knew that boy in a previous life.

You might look at the names in his pedigree, if he has one, and see if there's one you might like. Always consider the fact you may be calling for him on a dark wet night!!

• 1 year ago

Boris. Minimum length.

• Billy
    1 year ago

I called mine '5 miles' So I can tell everyone I walk 5 miles every day.