Djinn asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

Why don t I have any friends?

Being social has never really been an issue for me. For the last couple of years I ve found that there are very few people who s company I look forward to. I m usually polite to most people and readily engage in conversations. Maybe it s me or maybe people have gotten more boring lately. Any thoughts?

Start a social group based on current interests.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Personal views sited

the key is self confidence, you need to be comfortable with yourself and the people around you. Not feel rigid or calm all the time. Don't change who you are because everything is going to go downhill if you do. Start slowly and then start coming out of your shell.

PS: NOT EVERYBODY IS GOING TO LIKE YOU, AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

At the end of the day just be you boo.

• falcon

It's both. find the right crowd people outgrow each other .

• 1. Your personality too down to earth for some people. You probably is too honest and deep for people who don't live with honesty.

2. You don't follow the crowd. When you don't follow the crowd, some people will think you are stuck up and will not want to associate with you.

3. Most people are seeking out those with high social status or winning. If you live your life without seeking approval, you won't have. friends.

I was the same way. It's reaply simple to fix. Find people like you amd be friendly with them. Strangers become acquaintances and acquaintances become friends.

I don't know your age, but from my own experience I can tell that after college, you start to loose friends no matter how much you try and want to stay in touch. People just become more self centered with age I guess. The best advice I can give is to try new things or hobbies where you can meet new people. Also trying to be open to different kinds of people can help.

• Joe

Friendships are like tomato plants. Have you ever grown your own tomatoes ? It starts with a seed and takes a lot of work. Nurturing, weeding, watering, plenty of sunshine. You gotta put the work into friendships. If you don't, no tomatoes. You dig ?

They can't find what they are looking for. Friends are those who make company interesting and exciting. Close friends are those who stick together even in the boring times. Sometimes annoying still you enjoy their company.

• Ontol

Friendships take a lot of hard work at times. I don't have the ability to make and keep friends, alone is definitely better than frienemies.

The insight you are probably missing is that making and keeping friends involves helping each other to achieve things, not just hanging out in their company. Try to become a much better listener and 'prove' it by paraphrasing back something of what they just said and add to it. Like: "So you're saying you'd like to go to see (xyz) and can't because of (abc), but what if we...."