qlrroberts asked in HealthOptical · 5 months ago

I’m having a rapid muscle pulsing under my left eye for a few days and it won’t stop. What is this and how do I make it stop?

The muscle under my left eye has been rapidly pulsing for a few days and it won’t stop. Not the eyelid itself, but the muscle directly below. This muscle pulsing is not affecting my blinking, but it is visible on the surface of my skin. There isn’t any pain, but I do feel a tiny amount of pressure on the underside of my eye.

This doesn’t seem to be Myokymia or a Blepharospasm from what I’ve read. Those appear to be blinking spasms.

What is this and how do I make it stop?

• Stella

You could be a bit potassium deficit.

Potassium supports the nervous system and if you're low your nerves may misfire slightly.

Eat some bananas and look up other foods to supply it that you may like.

• Stella

If you have actual reason to believe that your condition is serous then of course you should seek medical advice.

I only hope it's not the beginning of a degenerative muscle disease such as MS. See your doctor and get a full set of tests. Demand that he/she act immediately because time is of the essence on this. Good luck.