UK. So my ex bought me the samsung s9 a year ago. Broke up and he's not paying anymore. What do we do with the phone, it's a contract line?

I already got myself a new phone,

he has told me he cannot 'afford' to pay for the S9 anymore, i asked what will happen to the phone he said he doesn't know.

I asked if I should mail it to him he said no.

Ok, we've been at it for months and for my own piece of mind I dont want to use it anymore.

What do I do with the phone? Wipe my data off it? How? Also. Phone company needs to be paid or something? Think it's usually 2 years? Let me know how to deal with this situation!

its in his name he owes for it its useless if you activate it with a differeny sim card..it will exterminate the data...and give you a message it is a stolen unit...throw it away or return it to your ex

syou can go into the setting and do a factory reset to clear the data, as for the phone, this would depend on who is resposible for the payments, if you signed for it and are paying then your stuck, if its him just give him it back, if he doesnt want it keep it, theyl come to him for the money eventually

• Ontol

There will be a factory reset option in settings. As he signed the contract he is still responsible. It's his phone, so he should take it back. If he won't there's really nothing you can do, so don't worry.

• Ontol

I guess you could sell the phone yourself and give him that money, can't see a nicer way tbh.