Is oil still good after not much use?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

No. Not in the way you mean.

Oil is a mixture of other chemicals.

Over a LONG TIME the additives will dissipate, rendering the Oil less effective.

"synthetic oil intervals between oil changes can be much, much longer: "In some cases as much as 15,000 miles or one year."

"Some mechanics, say you should change your oil every 5,000 miles with synthetic oil."

• Lone Wolf5 months agoReport

accidentally double posted. Cannot edit or delete. I elaborate on the second post. Not just sitting. just light use. and its full synthetic and good k&n filter that is good up to 5k miles. but i still have 3k miles left. but haven’t driven alot almost a year since changing the oil

• 5 months ago

Oil will always be good, but after a little use it will hold a few particles After a long time, even with little use, in the engine it will pick up a number of chemicals

• Lone Wolf5 months agoReport

accidentally double posted. Cannot edit or delete. I elaborate on the second post. Not just sitting. just light use. and its full synthetic and good k&n filter that is good up to 5k miles. but i still have 3k miles left. but haven’t driven alot almost a year since changing the oil

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.