Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 5 months ago

Why don't more young Americans vote? Don't they care how govt policies affect them? Why are young people so apathetic?

Favorite Answer

Young people don't vote for many reasons. As for me, I never voted until I turned 32 yo. Yeah.. sux.... why? When I was young, I just didn't bother.. too many things... besides, I was making so little money that I didn't have to pay taxes.. so what did I care? I was of course wrong. Wish I had voted more.

Because they have more common sense then most of the people who do vote.. especially for any of the Clown Charade Democrits..

I think that deep down they know that neither of the two parties cares about their welfare at all. Also, add in the fact that stating your stance on an issue can get you attacked by ANTIFA terrorists, fired from your job, kicked out of higher education, and etc... most of them probably don't want the trouble associated with it.

because politics are boring, stupid, and hate filled, not to mention in reality, voting is worthless

• Zhu

I've been vor7ng since 1972. Nothing much has xhanged because if votung. Voting in the USA us a waste of time

• Cathy

10 year olds do not vote because they are not allowed to

• Clive

Nobody mentioned 10 year olds.

They aren't really apathetic, They have been led to believe that protesting and things like that will bring about change. Once they realize that the only real power they have should be exercised at the ballot box they will start voting. This has been the case for many decades.

Voting is a habit and young people haven't been doing it as long as older people. They've also, often, got a lot of other things going on: school, relationships, trying to find jobs and start careers. Senior citizens, who have the best voter participation rate, have plenty of time to go vote and to concentrate on politics.

There are only two viable political parties in the US and they're both working as hard as they can to maintain that monopoly. These parties have moved so far to the left and the right that they no longer represent even a small majority of the population. So increasingly Americans of all ages have stopped voting. Young people aren't stupid in most cases and they can see, just as their parents can, that the system is fixed by this DNC/RNC stranglehold and that individual votes make very little difference (especially when there's no one you can stand to vote for).

Many haven’t entered the real world in which they have to work and pay taxes.

When I was 18 I didn't vote. When I was in my 20s I was a liberal. When I grew up I became a republican.

• Zhu

I was a Republican un my youth. Now I lije AOC and The Squad. Trump is divine punishment,.

Eh, ain't nobody got time for that.