Need a copy of taxes for 12 years. I only have last 3. For a job now. I need the copies as soon as tomorrow would be good. LOL Please help?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Please name the employer who is cheeky enough to want 12 years of tax returns.

You do not have to provide that detail of documentation even when applying for the job of Treasury Secretary.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You can't get them by tomorrow and you can't get anything older than 10 yrs. from the IRS. You can get transcripts from the IRS, but ones that old will take a bit a time to get. I'm not sure you can get actual copies back that far. If you had them prepared by a professional, they may have them stored electronically. I can't imagine why any job would demand your taxes, much less 12 years worth.

• 5 months ago

Not happening tomorrow. You'd have to go through whomever you filed with or the IRS if you did not retain copies.

• Judith
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Request 7 years from the IRS and expect to pay for it. Why don't you keep a copy of your income tax returns like most people do? Why for 12 years - even the IRS doesn't keep returns that long.

Social Security will have a breakdown of all your employers (unless you didn't pay social security taxes) and how much they paid you; you would need to contact them for the cost. They do not show your local employer if you worked for a large company. For example if you worked for JC Penney in Hoboken NJ they will show the name and address of the parent company. They also don't show dates of employment; merely the name/address of the employer and your yearly earnings.

Source(s): I was a social security claims rep for 32 yrs.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

IRS Form 4506 plus money gets you 7 years of returns and takes 60 days.

The SSA has a form for earnings history with details for every year you have ever worked. Also a fee and two months minimum.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Unless you're a pack rat and have them in your files, you're out of luck,

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Why on earth would any employer need to see ANY of your tax returns let alone 12 years of them?

Your tax returns are yours. Keep them or don't...your choice. But the US government isn't your personal secretary.

• 5 months ago

If you didn't retain copies, you are out of luck. IRS may be able to provide six years for a fee but the older ones have been shredded.

• 5 months ago

Even if you paid someone to prepare your taxes, AND they kept copies, there is nearly ZERO chance they still have copies older than 10 years, and ABSOLUTELY zero chance they can FIND them in less than a week.

Not Even the IRS will do any better than that.

Note: There is NO legitimate reason you need 12 years of tax returns tomorrow.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.