How do you respond to Trump supporters who lecture you about morality?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Derisive laughter, usually.

• 5 months ago

WE don't lecture about morality. You just don't have any.

• 5 months ago

I tell them something I've said here quite a few times.

Jesus traveled from village to town in his ministry, teaching, healing the sick, performing miracles. He met with sin and other failings, and even complete disbelief and indifference without ever losing his cool. His own disciples got the message wrong and he corrected them with gentleness and even humor. He never got angry, never told anyone they were going to Hell, or even HINTED that those who believed him were more virtuous or more loved by God or anything like that. He believed everyone was equal in the eyes of God and treated people that way.'

Until he got to Jerusalem and saw the corruption in the leadership of his own religion. That really made him mad! He got visibly angry, knocked over a table, and denounced the hypocrites in strong language--and it was that outburst that led to his demise.

What do we learn from this story? Jesus didn't hate adulterers, tax collectors, bullies, small-time crooks, etc. etc. What he did hate--so much that it cost him his life--was HYPOCRITES!

If you look up HYPOCRITE in the dictionary, the first definition is "Someone who follows Donald Trump but lectures others on morality."

• 5 months ago

I've yet to meet one who tried this and got beyond the howls of laughter.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I knock their MAGA hat off and listen as their wife says, "Really? Did you really have to do that?"

• 5 months ago

Living in the heart of the "Bible Belt" (redneck Old Testament fundamentalists) as I do, I simply hold up a picture of a snake (the Eden snake) with Trump features and remind these misguided "evangelical" white nationalists and white supremacists that they are paying homage to the snake when they pledge their "allegiance" to the agent-orange criminal conman Donald Trump---the personification of evil.

• 5 months ago

I've never had that happen. All the Trump supporters I know pretty much keep their opinions to themselves.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I grab 'em by the pvssy.

• 5 months ago

I'd listen to what they have to say, because in my experience, Liberals have no real Standards...except for Double Standards that is.

Example: Libs will defend killing innocent unborn children all day long, while oppose executing of people who have been convicted of committing heinous crimes. Where's the logic or morals in that?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.