are you supposed to bring food to a bridal shower?

If the host asks you, yes. If you're not asked just assume all the food will be provided.

• Unless it's a pot luck event (which would be kind of tacky for a shower), then don't bring food unless you're asked to.

Ño you are not. Ask if you are unsure.

• GEEGEE

Generally, no, unless you are asked to.

NO. A Bridal Shower is NOT a Pot Luck. If there is any food there, it is because the host/hostess, provides it.

• Kelly

Not unless you're asked to. In general the hosts supply the food and it may be seen as rude if you just randomly show up with food.

Generally if I know the hosts well enough, I will ask them if they need/want me to bring anything.

If I'm hosting one, there will already be more than enough food because I plan the menu well and for more than I need. I also will ask them to contact me if they have any type of special dietary needs so that well.. everyone can eat something. Gluten Free? Vegan? Dairy allergies? Keto? I got it covered.

Only if asked to

i would ask whoever is doing the bridal shower this question

• Eva

Not unless you are asked to.

• tony

Usually the person throwing the shower has it catered or takes care of all of the food. I have never seen anyone bring anything to the shower. You could call the shower host and ask, but it isn't expected.I wouldn't take any food unless it specifically was mentioned in the invitation.

The hostess will already have her food planned and your gift could just be an inconvenience (trying to decide what to do with it or store it).