Did you know Steven Gerrard has signed TWENTY EIGHT players since he became newco rangers manager and spent multi millions on them?

They've given him millions upon millions to buy 28 (yes thats twenty eight!!) players in the last season and this summers transfer window. This is an absolutely insane amount of players to buy in that time. His latest signing being £3.5 million for Helander. There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever if he cant stop Celtic doing 9 in a row. After spunking millions on 28 players there is absolutely no hiding place. Its all down to who wins the title this season, its win or bust for Gerrard after failing miserably last season.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Wouldn't describe last season as a failure. Domestic cups were disappointing, we should be dominating Aberdeen. He finished 2nd for the first time since promotion, got into Europe, narrowly missed out on the knockout stages (we did have the hardest group in the competition). He also hasn't spent a great deal of money. Most players have been very cheap or loans, and lets face it the squad was terrible to begin with. Wasn't like he was starting with a half decent team. Our two home victories against Celtic were emphatic despite the small shorelines, whilst they narrowly beat us under controversial circumstances.

Celtic also spend more and still have more resources. But I agree he needs to achieve something this season. If not the league at least a domestic cup or knockout stages of Europe. Due to the finance situation of the club any manager will have their hands tied, so I don't think a replacement would do much better.

• Tatty
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Hardest group!? Nowhere near it. The 3 teams in our group had a lower co-efficient than yours and then theres groups like I, with Eintracht, Marseille, Lazio & Apollon.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Oh the Rangers are shight, Lennon is laughing up his sleeve

• Tatty
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

They've not bought 28 players, since he joined, they've brought 28 players to the club. They've only actually bought 12 players outright, 8 have been free signings and 8 have been loan signings. £4.65m has been identified as being spent on 4 of the signings, with the other 8 being undisclosed.

They have also let 18 players leave through transfers or frees, since he joined and let 29 players go out on loan. So all in all, they've a net buy/sell of 6 out, since he joined and a net in/out of 19 out.

To be fair to them and him, the club was in an absolute shambles when he came and the team was full of shite It's actually quite logical that he'd want to get rid of so much shite and bring in players he wants.

I think there is an excuse for him not winning the league this season and it is us. We've a very settled side and squad, that is quite easily the best in the league, that we will hopefully add to before the transfer window closes.

Also our team has had more spent on it, than theirs, over the past two seasons. Last season we must have spent around £12m-£15m on buying the likes of Edouard, Bayo, Shved, Gutman, Perez & Oko-Flex and this seasons we have spent around £12m on Julien, Connell and Bolingoli. I'd actually be surprised, given that they spent £4.65m on the 4 disclosed players, that the remaining 8 undisclosed players would have brought their overall transfer spending to not that much over £10m.

• DanSix76 months agoReport

Meh brought/bought who gives a fck, hes signed 28 players and the they're still SHITE.

• 6 months ago

So without the need for the word spunking u mean

A huge amount of cash has been thrown on the table so the goods better be recieved otherwise Gerrard will be forced to pick up his p45.....

Thank you

• DanSix76 months agoReport

I agree. You're welcome.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.